Achieving a good business sale even when business is not profitable
Profitable businesses are bought and sold on a multiple of average maintainable earnings, but what if the business is losing money?
Mum & Dad business in removals & storage operating at a loss. Assets assessment revealed:
- Active database generating leads and new work
- Services offered include long term qualifying storage rental but the volume was not sufficient to cover rental costs.
- Removal business highly competitive putting pressure on the margins required to win jobs
- Loss situation unsustainable and owners wanted to move on
- Sold as an “add on” business to an existing removals and storage company operating in the area
- The purchaser could increase revenue at a marginal cost because they already had unutilised space available
- The purchaser bought a phone line that rang and new data base to mine which was of value to them
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
We will get in touch if the content of this article affects you, or you just want more information
We will not share your details with any 3rd party.