Career Path to The Best Job in the World
We are Real Time Accountants specialising in providing start-up, accounting and business advisory solutions for small business who want to grow in the new disrupted world.
- Rarely does a graduate / entry level opportunity provide you with direct access and mentoring with a very experienced practitioner and director of the firm.
- Our director has a twenty year track record working with a broad range of clients delivering the best tax, structuring and growth outcomes. We are huge on taking advantage of the opportunities presented by the latest disrupting technology, so if you have not heard of Xero, stop reading.
(what we do every day)
Every day we help entrepreneurs and business owners like you improve lives by taking you from where you are now to where you want to be. We do this by:
- Understanding your business
- Constantly reassessing what you want from your business
- Providing ideas & suggestions around your goals
- Facilitating the growth of your business through education and the latest apps
- Providing systems to set, implement and measure your goals
(what we are striving for)
We are striving to become the “go to” business advisory and accounting business for entrepreneurs and business owners with businesses turning over less than $10 million who truly want to grow their businesses.
(what is not negotiable)
- Provide value in everything we do
- Embrace change and adopt the opportunities disruption offers
- Excellence in delivery
- No Surprises
- Proactivity, independence and ideas
- Some fun along the way and satisfaction of a job well done
Playing an integral role in providing tax compliance services to our SME client base, the opportunity is to learn how to become a dynamic tax accountant in a truly inspirational business. We provide a range of tax compliance activities for our expanding client base of companies and their directors, trusts, partnerships and SMSF’s.
Services include preparation of tax FBT, BAS return, income tax advice, state tax advice, bookkeeping, payroll, financial statement preparation, budgeting & forecasting and structuring/restructuring advice.
Equally important to the technical aspects of the role is an ability to develop and maintain the client relationship.
- You will work closely with other team members and directly with the director on a broad range of clients across a number of industries
- You will be exposed to all the elements of the accounting industry, preparing activity statements, financial accounts and tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and their owners and business advisory
- As most all of our clients are using cloud accounting & technology their expectations are changing. They want more relevant and timely advice from us to help them make business decisions. As part of the team you will work hard to ensure we meet these ever changing needs.
- Compliance & tax strategies are still an important part of our industry (no one likes paying more tax than they have to) so you will be responsible for staying up to date with changes in tax laws and accounting regulations and ensuring reporting deadlines are met
- Our business is built on relationships and so you will help manage and grow the relationships of clients of the business
Using a very prescriptive method of on the job training, your role will be to learn progressively while you are applying your learning to real live client work. The role is initially a casual position located in Pyrmont, but the sky is the limit for the right candidate.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
Ideally you are degree qualified or nearly degree qualified, have ambition and respect the opportunity to work your way up from the ground up.
A ‘can do’ attitude and a belief that you are capable of a large amount of professional growth over a short number of years and willingness to listen and carry out tasks outlined for you by the director will ensure you are a team player that appreciates a professional relaxed successful environment where “Mission, Vision and Values” are not just words, they are the very reason for our being.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are non negotiable and an expert level of verbal English speaking (clear speaking voice) attributes also non negotiable.
Please forward your CV, a copy of your academic transcript and a cover letter addressing how you are a good fit with the company’s Mission, Vision and Values. A telephone interview will be granted to shortlisted candidates in the first instance followed by an interview in person with our Director. Applications should be directed to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.